SSC Stenographer 2017-18 – Staff Selection Commission of India also known as SSC conducts an All India Open Competitive Examination for the recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade C and Grade D. The SSC Stenographer examination for the year 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on 28th August 2017 tentatively. The official recruitment notification will be published by the commission on June 17, 2017. All the aspiring candidates have to apply online for the SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D examination. In this article we have mentioned below Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, Exam Date, Admit Card, Result, and Cut off.
Also Read:: SSC Stenographer 2018
SSC Stenographer Important Dates
|Application Form start date||June 17, 2017|
|Application Form closing date||July 15, 2017|
|Admit Card release date||September 2017|
|Written Exam date||August 27, 2017|
|Written Exam Result date||October 2017|
|Skill Test date||TBA|
|Final Result Date||TBA|
SSC Stenographer Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for the SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D post must fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria assigned under SSC Stenographer Criteria 2017.
- Candidates should be the citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan or a Tibetian refugee who came over to India, before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Eastern African countries of Myanmar, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention to settle permanently in India.
- Age Limit
- Candidate should be between 18-27 years of age i.e. not born or before 02-08-1989 and not later than 01-08-1998
- Educational Qualification
- It is necessary for the application to be 12th standard pass or equivalent from the recognized university.
Also See: RRB Sr. Section Engineer Recruitment
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern
The SSC Stenographer Examination will be conducted in offline mode which will be a written examination and skill test in Stenography.
|Test||a.General Intelligence and Reasoning b.General Awareness
d. English Language
Candidates qualifying in the above-written test will be called for the skill test. The Skill test will comprise of an English/Hindi dictation for 10 minutes at the speed of 100 w.p.m. for the post of Stenographer Grade C and 80 w.p.m for Stenographer Grade D.
SSC Stenographer Cut off marks 2017
On the basis of the SSC Stenographer Cutoff marks in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test and thus it is important for the applicants to know the Cutoff Marks.
|Category||Cut off Marks|
SSC Stenographer Application Form 2017-18
The Application Form for the SSC Stenographer exam will be available online from June 17, 2017, on its official website www.ssc.nic.in. The last date to apply for the SSC Stenographer exam will be July 15, 2017.
- Candidates can make the payment of the Application form through SBI Challan/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking.
- The application fee for the General Category applicant will be Rs.100/-.
- Women Candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD and ex-servicemen are exempted from the payment of fees.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card
The SSC Stenographer Admit Card will be available for the applicants at least two weeks before the commencement of the examinations.Candidates have to download the admit card once it is released on the official website.
Also See: RRB Junior Accounts Asst cum Typist
SSC Stenographer Result
Candidates qualifying the Stenographer written examination will be called for the skill test. The results of SSC Stenographer examination will be announced on its official website in the month of October 2017.