South Western Railway Recruitment 2017: Apply for Scouts and Guides (09 Vacancies) – South Western Railway (SWR) Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) has recently published the notification for filling up the 09 vacancies of Group ‘C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ posts against Scout and Guides Quota for the year 2016-17. All the eligible candidates can apply for the above post before 6th of March 2017. Go through the recruitment details like important dates, eligibility criteria, application form mentioned in the article below.
Scouts and Guides Recruitment 2017
Post: Scouts and Guides Quota
1) Group ‘C’
2) Erstwhile Group ‘D’
No of Vacancies:
- Group ‘C’ – 02 Posts
- Erstwhile Group ‘D’ – 07 Posts
Job Location: Hubli
Scouts & Guides Recruitment Important Dates
|Application Form Starting Date||4th February 2017|
|Application Form Closing Date||6th March 2017|
It is important for the candidates applying for the Scouts and Guides post to read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying. We have mentioned below the eligibility criteria details like Age limit, Educational Qualification, Application Fee, Pay scale.
- Age Limit
- Group ‘C’ post: candidate must be minimum 18 years and maximum 29 years of age as on 1st January 2017
- Erstwhile Group ‘D’ post: Candidate must be minimum 18 years and maximum 32 years of age as on 1st January 2017.
2. Educational Qualification
a. Group ‘C’ Post:
- Candidates should have a passed 12th or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or Matriculation Plus Course completed Act Apprenticeship/ ITI Approved by NCVT/ SCVT with not less than 50% marks in aggregate from recognized institution.
b. Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Post:
- Candidate should possess the 10th pass or ITI or equivalent qualification.
c. Scouts & Guides Post:
- Candidate should be a president scout/ guide/ rover/ ranger or Himalayan Wood Badge holder in any section.
- Candidate should be an active member of a scouts organization for the last 5 years.
- Candidate should have attended two events at National level Or All Indian Railways level And Two events at state level.
- Pay Scale
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|Group ‘C’||Rs. 5200 – 20,200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1900/-|
|Erstwhile Group ‘D’||Rs. 5200 – 20,200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 1800/-|
|Scouting Skill Assessment||10|
Candidate has to make the payment of the Application Fee in the form of cross Indian Postal Order (IPO) only, from any post office drawn in favor of Asst. Personnel Officer/ HQ, South Western Railway, Hubli, payable at Hubli.
|Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs. 500/-|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||Rs. 250/-|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||Rs. 250/-|
|Ex- Servicemen||Rs. 250/-|
|Person with Disabilities (PWD)||Rs. 250/-|
|Women & Minorities||Rs. 250/-|
The Application form of the South Western Railway Scouts and Guides Quota has to be sent in offline mode only.
- Applicants need to send their hard copy of duly filled and signed application along with the photocopies of Proof of Date of Birth, ID Proof, Educational Certificates i.e. Mark- Sheets / Degree Certificate, Caste, e- receipt for free payment applicable and attested copies of relevant documents should be sent on or before 6th March 2017 at “The Assistant Personnel Officer/HQ, Office of the Chief Personnel Officer, South Western Railway, General Manager’s Building, Gadag Road, Hubli-580 020”.
Note: For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spriti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands and the candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by post will be 21/03/2017.