IRCTC Login & Registration – Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, popularly known as IRCTC is a subsidiary of the Indian Railways that majorly handles the Catering, Tourism, and Online Ticketing Operations of the Indian Railways. Today it has become convenient for the Indian Commuters to book the Indian Railway Tickets at a click of a button which was earlier a lot more hassle and tedious task by standing in long queues at ticket counters. So here in this article we have described in details how to Registered and Sign Up, Log In and Book Tatkal Seats on the IRCTC Official Web Portal www,irctc.co.in.IRCTC
- 1 About IRCTC | www.irctc.co.in Official Website
- 2 IRCTC Registration – How To Create IRCTC New Account (IRCTC Sign Up) Step By Step
- 3 IRCTC Login @ www.irctc.co.in Website Step By Step Info
- 4 How To Check IRCTC Seat Availability & Tatkal Tickets @ IRCTC.co.in
- 5 IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking & Timings
About IRCTC | www.irctc.co.in Official Website
The Ministry of Railways has set up the IRCTC (Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation) for transferring all responsibility for tourism and catering to this new corporation. This has been done to ensure professionalism and up gradation of service through Private-Public collaborations.
Tourism via railways will be the source of high growth in this sector by coordinating with other agencies such as Tour Operators, Hotels, Travel Agents etc. It is a dynamic strategy of marketing in collaboration with private and public agencies such as Hoteliers, Tour Operators, Transporting Agencies, Travel Agents, and State Agencies.
Indian Railways has the humungous potential for IRCTC as it carries 13 million passengers daily. The mission of IRCTC is to enhance services to customers in Railway Hospitality, Catering, Travel, and Tourism with best practices of the industry.
The Official Website of IRCTC is www.irctc.co.in , which offers commuters to book Indian Railway Tickets and also various other facilities and services with respect to the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism.
IRCTC Registration – How To Create IRCTC New Account (IRCTC Sign Up) Step By Step
It is important for commuters to sign up and register on the official IRCTC website to book tickets and enjoy various services and facilities of IRCTC. The Registration process of IRCTC is quite simple and easy. Here in this article, we have described Simple Step on How to Create IRCTC New Account by Signing Up into the IRCTC Official Web Portal www.irctc.co.in.
IRCTC allow the user only a single account Registration for Online Ticket Booking. Therefore commuter should only maintain and create a single new account and use the same always. It is important to provide correct information during IRCTC registration process otherwise the account will be removed.
IRCTC Registration Process:
- On the main page of the IRCTC portal click on the Sign Up option, a new registration page will open.
- There will be Four Sections on a registration form. These Sections are Account and Personal Details, Address Details, Other Services and Word Verification section.
- While filling up the IRCTC Registration Form, the Fields marked with a red star are mandatory fields to be filled. You can skip the fields which are not marked with the red star.
- First Select the Username for the new account. The Username should be between 3 to 10 characters. Click on the Check Availability link to check the Username is available or not. If not then available then try with different username. It is important to always remember your username because it will be required every time while signing into the new account.
- Then enter the details which will be requested from the user to issue a new password, if he/she forgets the password.
- User must provide the proper address details as it is important while booking I-ticket through IRCTC Account. Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation always send tickets by courier to the address provided. Although you can provide a different address at the time of Train Ticket Booking but it will help you to book tickets faster at the time of Tatkal Ticket booking. If the User maintains a correct address in his/her IRCTC Account, then it can be used on a click of a button instead of entering it, again and again, each time when you book tickets.
- In the other services of the Registration Form, you can also subscribe to special offers and commercial, promotions and newsletters through email or SMS on Mobile. This is optional and you can click ‘No’ option to unsubscribe.
- Enter the Verification Code as given in the image and if you are unable to read it properly you can use the refresh button on IRCTC New Registration Form to get a new code.
- Finally Click on the submit Button of the Registration Form to complete the account registration process. You can also use the reset button to clear the information so that you can enter all the details once again if required.
- After clicking on submit button a pop up will appear. If the entered Email Id and the mobile number are correct, click OK Button to proceed further steps of IRCTC New Registration.
- Now Click on the Accept Button to complete the New Registration Process. Once you accept Terms and Conditions, the Registration Completion Message will be displayed, accept it.
- Now Check your registered email account and mobile that you have provided during the Registration Process to verify email and mobile number.
- Click on the Activation Link received through email or login to IRCTC website through the User Id and Password received through Email. Enter the Mobile Verification Code received through SMS and click on the Submit Button to activate your new account.
- Once you have verified the Email Account and Mobile No, the IRCTC New Registration Process gets completed .
- After the successful activation of the IRCTC Account, you can change your Password through ‘Change Password’ link or can use the same password which is received through Email.
IRCTC Login @ www.irctc.co.in Website Step By Step Info
After completing the IRCTC Login Registration you can sign in to IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering Transport and Corporation) Online Ticket Booking System through IRCTC Login Page. Just by entering your Username and Password which you have received in your e-mail ID.
- Visit IRCTC Login Page (www.irctclogins.co.in) website.
- Now enter your User ID, Password, and Captcha code.
- After correctly filling the details click “Login” button to log in IRCTC online booking system.
- Once you are successfully login to your account you can start booking tickets for your desired destination.
As there is no specific IRCTC login and ticket booking timings, you can book tickets at any time. But between 9 AM to 12 Noon many users in India try to login to book Tatkal tickets, so the IRCTC serves will face high traffic in that time. So the normal user who are trying to book railway ticket booking online are advised not get into ticket booking section at those timings.
How To Check IRCTC Seat Availability & Tatkal Tickets @ IRCTC.co.in
In case you want to book a train ticket at the last moment, you can try Tatkal ticket booking process. Tatkal Booking Quota will open only 1 day before the journey day and there will be additional charges are also included.
1. Go to the IRCTC login page and sign in to your account.
2. Check the train availability between the two stations. If Tatkal ticket booking option is available on that particular day, you will see the option.
3. Just select the Tatkal option, Select a train and the class of journey (Like Sleeper, Seating, A/C, Non-A/C) to check the availability.
4. If the seats are available in the Tatkal Quota, proceed to the payment section and book your train ticket.
IRCTC Tatkal Ticket Booking & Timings
To provide reservation to passengers who have to undertake a train journey at short notice, Tatkal Reservation was initially introduced in 1997. Some modifications have been made in Tatkal schemes from time to time. Tatkal tickets can be booked one day in advance excluding the date of journey from the train originating station, according to IRCTC’s website.
- Tatkal tickets for AC class can be booked from 10 am while Non-AC from 11 am.
- Tatkal booking for AC class will commence at 10 am for Non-AC class at 11 am.
- For booking Tatkal e-tickets, each of the passengers (mandatory for at least one passenger) can enter his/her ID proof type and number against his/her name in reservation form, which is to be used for travel, IRCTC’s website says.
- IRCTC also says that during the journey, at least one passenger, whose identity card number has been indicated on the ticket, will have to produce original proof of identity indicated on the ticket, failing which all the passengers booked on the ticket will be treated as travelling without ticket and charged accordingly.
Also See: RPF Recruitment 2017 Constable Vacancies