Eastern Railway Recruitment 2017: Apply for Eastern Railway Cultural Quota (03 vacancies) – Indian Railways has issued a notification for recruitment against Cultural Quota in Easter Railway Kolkata for the year 2016-2017. Candidates applying for the post of Cultural Quota must read the notification carefully before applying. The Vacancy is available for the cultural discipline of Light Classical Vocal Music – Hindustani, Electronic Instrumental posts. Other details like Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Application Fee and Application are explained below.
Eastern Railway Recruitment 2017
Post: Cultural Quota (Group C)
No of Vacancies:
|Vocal Music Light Classical Hindustani||01|
|Electronic Keyboard Instrumental||01|
Job Location: Kolkata
Department: Eastern Railway
Eastern Railway Recruitment Important Dates
|Application Form Release Date||20th February 2017|
|Application Form Closing Date||7th March 2017|
|Written Test||25th March 2017|
It is important for the candidates applying for the Eastern Railway Cultural Quota post to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below1.
- The age of the applicant must be between 18 to 25 years as on 2nd July 2017.
- For OBC Category Candidates there is an age relaxation of 03 years and for SC/ ST candidates the age relaxation is 05 years.
a.Vocal Music light Classical Hindustani Post: Candidates should have passed 12th or its equivalent examination with minimum 50 % marks in the aggregate. (Not Applicable for SC/ST candidates and for the candidates of any category possessing a higher qualification.
b.Electronic Keyboard Instrumental Post: Candidate should posses a Degree/ Diploma certificate in respective discipline only from Govt. Recognized University / Institute or Deemed University.
|Written Test (Objective Type Questions)||50 Marks|
|The Basis of Practical Demonstration||35 Marks|
|Testimonials / Prizes etc.||15 Marks|
- 5200/- – Rs. 20, 200 plus grade pay of Rs. 1900/-
Applicants have to make the payment of the Application Fee through offline mode at Indian Postal Order (IPO payable at GPO, Kolkata) drawn in favor of ‘FA & CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata.
|General Category||Rs. 500/-|
|Other Backward Category (OBC)||Rs. 250/-|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||Rs. 250/-|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||Rs. 250/-|
|Person with Disabilities (PWD)||Rs. 250/-|
|Women Candidates||Rs. 250/-|
- Candidates need to apply through offline mode on plain paper (A4 size) in prescribed format neatly typed in English or Hindi.
- The Application has to be sent by ordinary post to the Chief Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway, CPO’s Office, Recruitment Section (1st Floor), 17, Netaji Subhas Road, Fairlie Place, Kolkata 700 001 or dropped in the box (any working day from 10.00 hrs. to 17.30 hrs.) kept in the office of the Chief Personnel Officer, Eastern Railway, Recruitment Section, 17, Netaji Subhas Road, Fairlie Place, Kolkata 700 001. The postal cover Superscribing on the top left hand side of the envelope.
Note: The Closing Date & Time of Application Form for candidates residing at Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul, Spiti Districts and Pangi subdivision of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh , Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep island and abroad is 7th March 2017.