SBI Recruitment 2017-18, “15000” Post – Apply Online @ sbi.co.in – State Bank of India popularly known as SBI is India’s largest multinational, public sector and financial services company. It is one of the oldest and trusted bank of India founded on 2nd June 1806. It is always a dream of aspiring youngsters to get a job and pursue a career in this nationalized bank. As the job in the banking sector is known to be more secure and handsome job in India.
This year, State Bank of India has come up with a big recruitment announcement, where aspiring candidates who are willing to apply for the banking post can apply directly for the post on its official website. In this article, we have covered the entire details about the SBI Recruitment 2017-2018 which will help candidates to apply for the post by following the details mentioned below.
Table of Contents
SBI Recruitment (2017-2018) Notification
Each and Every year, SBI comes up with the Recruitment notification to fill up the vacancies in different posts across Indian branches. This year (2017-2018), SBI has recently released the notification for various posts for all the graduate students.
- Name of the Organisation: State Bank of India (SBI)
- Exam Level: All India
- Total Number of Vacancies: 15000
SBI SME Banking Recruitment 2017-2018 (554 Posts)
- Name of the Post: Special Management Executive Banking: 554 Vacancies
- No of Vacancies: 554
- Grade Wise Vacancies:
a) Middle Management Grade Scale (MMGS) II – 273
b) Middle Management Grade Scale (MMGS) II – 281
- Category Wise Vacancies
|Schedule Caste (SC)||96 Posts|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||52 Posts|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||180 Posts|
SBI Officer Recruitment 2017 -2018 (255 Posts)
|Products, Investments & Research Head||01|
|Manager (Business Development)||01|
|Manager (Business Process)||04|
|Central Research Team||21|
|Acquisition Relationship Manager||120|
|Relationship Manager (Team Lead)||15|
|Customer Relationship Executive||65|
SBI Probationary Officers (PO) Recruitment 2017-2018 (2313 Posts)
- Name of the Post: Probationary Officer
- No of Vacancies: 2313
SBI PO Category Wise Vacancy Details
|Schedule Caste (SC)||347 Posts|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||350 Posts|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||606 Posts|
SBI Exam Important Dates (2017-2018)
Candidates willing to apply for the SBI 2017 examination must look for the Important Dates which will be updated on the SBI Official Website. We have also mentioned in the table below SBI Recruitment Important Dates
|Online Registration Start Date||3rd May 2017|
|Online Application Form Closing Date||18th May 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date (Preliminary Exam)||June 2017 (Last Week)|
|SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam Date||July 2017|
|Result Date (Preliminary Exam)||August 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date (Main Exam)||August 2017 (Last Week)|
|Main Exam Date||September 2017 (First Week)|
|Result Date (Main Exam)||October/ November 2017|
SBI Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
It is important for the candidate applying for the SBI 2017 examination to fulfill the Eligibility Criteria. Applicant must read out clearly the SBI Recruitment Eligibility Criteria before applying for the different SBI Posts. The Eligibility Criteria mainly involves Age Limit, Educational Qualification, and Nationality of the candidate.
Educational Qualification: Candidate must graduate from any stream or its equivalent from recognized institution or college.
Age Limit: Candidate must fulfill the Age limit criteria which is fixed between 20 – 28 years. For reserved category candidates, there is an age relaxation which is mention in the table below
|Category||Upper Age Limit|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||31 Years|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||33 Years|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||33 Years|
|Person with disabilities, (General)||38 Years|
|Person with disabilities, (SC)||43 Years|
|Person with disabilities, (ST)||43 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced Women (No remarried) General Category||35 Years|
|Widows, Divorced Women (No remarried) Other Backward Category||38 Years|
|Widows, Divorced Women (No remarried) SC||40 Years|
|Widows, Divorced Women (No remarried) ST||40 Years|
SBI Recruitment Exam Pattern (2017-2018)
State Bank of India will conduct the SBI Clerk exam in Online Mode all across the country. The Examination will be conducted in two stages Preliminary Examination and Main Examination. It will be a Common Written Examination which will have the following Exam Paper Pattern.
SBI (2017-2018) Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks (Maximum)|
Exam Duration: 60 Mins (1 Hour)
SBI (2017-2018) Main Exam Pattern
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks (Maximum)|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60|
Exam Duration: 160 Mins (2 Hours 40 Minutes)
SBI (2017-2018) Exam Syllabus
Students appearing for the SBI (2017-2018)Written Examination should be aware of the syllabus which will help them to prepare accordingly. We have mentioned below Subject wise syllabus for the upcoming SBI Clerk Written Examination.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Tables, Pie – Charts, Bar Graphs, Data Analysis, Line Graphs, Case lets, Combined data sets, Probability/ Series, Roots, Average, Ratio, Time & work, Time & separation, Rate, Benefit & loss, Mixture, Stocks & shares, Partnership, Clocks, Volume, Surface area, Height & distances, Simple & compound interest, Equations and probability, Number System, Simplification, Surds & Indices, Percentages, Partnership, Chain rule, Pipes & Cisterns, Time & Distances, Problems on trains, Boats & streams, Allegation & mixtures, mensuration, permutations & combinations
- Reasoning – Syllogism, Seating Arrangement – Circular table and Line (North & South), Puzzle, Blood Relation, Inequality or Decision Making, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning, Input Output, Number series, Statement and Argument, Passage and conclusion, Coding and decoding, Order and ranking, Making judgments
- General English – Vocabulary, synonyms, Antonyms, Word formation, Sentence completion, Comprehension – Theme detection, Deriving conclusions, Passage completion, Error detection, Passage correction, Sentence correction, Spelling – Grammar, Phrases, Idioms
- General awareness – Knowledge of Current affairs,Sports, history, geography, culture, Indian constitutions, News about technology and research, News on India and its neighboring countries, News related to Reserve Bank of India, Banking Awareness, Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway Budget), Economics news, Current Affairs – Questions can be asked from various fields such as, National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence, Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary, etc.
- Marketing Aptitude – Basics of Marketing, Marketing Strategies, Market Segmentation, Marketing Management, Marketing Mix, Developing stage of organization, Brand Advertising, Products Life Cycle, 4 P’s and 4 C’s of marketing
- Computer Awareness – Computer hardware & Software, Operating System concepts, Shortcut keys, Ms word, excel, Ms power point, access, Internet & networks, Basic security concepts, Latest technologies, Basic of Computer, Generation of Computer, Short forms (Eg. Jpeg, mp3, pdf), Android and Apple related news.
SBI Exam Application Form
After fulfilling the Eligibility Criteria , Candidates can fill up the SBI Recruitment 2017 Application Form. The Application Form will be available on the State Bank of India official website www.sbi.co.in. It is important to fill up the SBI exam Application Form carefully , as the mistake in the Application Form will lead to its cancellation. So before filling up the Application read it carefully and finally submit it online.
Steps to Apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2017
- Candidate must first visit the SBI official website sbi.co.in.
- Click on the link “Apply Online Here” available on the main page of the website.
- The Application Form window will appear on the screen.
- Read all the instructions carefully written on the Application Form
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photographs and signature in suitable format.
SBI Exam Application Fee
Aspirants can make the payment of the Application Fee through Online Mode only through SBI Net Banking / Challan / Any Credit / Debit Card. The Application Fee for the SBI 2017 Examination is as follows.
|Other Backward Category||Rs.600/-|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||Rs.100/-|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||Rs.100/-|
SBI (2017-2018) Exam Admit Card
The Admit Card for the SBI 2017 examination will be released prior to the commencement of the examination. The candidates who have successfully applied will be issued SBI Prelims Exam Admit Card which is the initial stage of the selection Process in the Month of May. Further the candidates who’ll qualify the stage I will be selected for next stage and can download the SBO Clerk Mains 2017 Exam Admit Card with the help of Roll No / Date of Birth in the month of June/July .
** Candidate has to carry the hardcopy of the hall ticket to the examination centre or else he won’t be allowed to sit for the examination.
SBI Mains Result 2017
After the completion of the initial or primary stage, SBI Prelims Result 2017 will be declared followed by the SBI Mains Result 2017 after few months. After this two staged process, the candidates would be called for Stage III or document verification. The candidates who’ll qualify in final Process would be notified through SBI 2017 Final Result List after few months.